Construction of an additional building directly connected to the existing Armed Forces Hospital at Al Khoudh with the purpose of increasing the inpatients beds capacity from 251 to 370 units. The project concerns the construction of a main building with basement, ground, first, second, third, fourth and roof floors; a service building with ground and first floor and external works such as roads, car parks, infrastructure networks and other minor activities. The whole works concern the Extension of Armed Forces Hospital and in particular the following facilities and infrastructures:
• The basement: contains mechanical services, medical gases plant and underground water storage. Area of approximately 1,734 sqm.
• The ground floor: is mainly dedicated to the Emergency Care Center and other facilities like CT scan department, various ambulatories, clinical laboratory and morgue/cold rooms. Area of approximately 3,345 sqm.
• The first floor: contains the ICU department with 18 beds capacity and a surgical ward of eight high technology Modular Type Operating Rooms. A central sterile supply department and staff offices are also present in this floor. Area of approximately 4,443 sqm.
• The second floor: it contains a technical area with the MEP facilities for the OT rooms and an office block with 21 offices rooms, staff facilities and lounge. Area of approximately 3,379 sqm.
• The third floor: is divided in four wards with a nursing station for each department and total capacity of 101 beds plus additional facilities. Area of approximately 3,522 sqm.
• The fourth floor: in this area there are some services facilities like restaurant and cafeteria, library, classroom, lounge, IT room and prayer rooms. Area of approximately 1,658 sqm.
• The service block: is located in the east side of the main building and it includes all the main MEP equipments like transformers, generators, switchboards, pumps and chillers. The building is divided in two floors with a total area of about 1,426 sqm.
• The external area: with a series of external activities such as the construction of the access road to the new building, car parking, culvert bridges, infrastructural networks, additional oxygen plant, demolition of a minor building and diversion of existing utilities. The plot area is about 15,000 sqm