The bypass project to P.R. 46 involves the municipalities of "Vicenza" and "Costabissara", representing the completion of the Ring Road, North of Vicenza, identifying itself with the 1st section of the 1st Phase.
The road, which originates from the west ring road of Vicenza at the level of "Villaggio del Sole" area, is located west of the current P.R. N. 46 line and it connects on the existing road network of the P.R. 46 by a ground-level roundabout in the village of Moracchino, within the municipality of Vicenza,.
Overall length of operation: approximately 5,300 mt.
Road section adopted: category C1
1) A viaduct consisting of a 1st class pre-stressed reinforced concrete deck, with a multi-cellular box beam structure 116 mt. long and a 13.58÷13.70 mt. wide, divided into 4 spans (26.00+32.00+32.00+26.00 mt long).
The foundations bear on piles with a diameter of 1200 mm, length 25.00 mt.
2) Road underpass with 182 mt. long, realized with diaphragms in reinforced concrete, thickness 1.00-1.20 mt. and a maximum depth of 23 mt.
3) Road underpass 235 mt. long, realized with diaphragms in reinforced concrete, thickness 1.00-1.20 mt. and a maximum depth of 18 mt.
Section of the main axis road pavement:
- 4 cm sound absorbing layer;
- 6 cm connection layer (binder);
- 10 cm base layer in asphalt concrete;
- 25 cm subbase layer in cement mixture;
- 30 cm subgrade layer in crushed stone.
Excavations and embankments: m3 330,000
Land Stabilization: m3 170,000
Concrete: m3 28,000
Steel for reinforced concrete: tons 3,300
Diaphragms in reinforced concrete - thickness 1.00-1.20 m:m2 9,200
CFA (Continuous Flight Auger) piles with diameter 1200 mm: mt. 1,350
Micropiles diameter 220 mm: mt. 4,000
Waterproof coatings: m2 28,000
Road foundation in stabilized mixture: m3 50,000
Road foundation in cement mixture: m3 28,000
Asphalt concrete m3 22,000
Sound absorbing barriers: m2 16,700
Road safety barriers: mt. 13,300